BA (Hons) Film & TV Screenwriting with Creative Writing
I am a two time graduate of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). My undergraduate degree is in Film & TV Screenwriting with Creative Writing and during the course of this…course, I undertook a lot of various writing projects. By the time I graduated I had written, poetry, short fiction, travel articles, radio plays, screenplays for TV and film and a feature length film script. My dissertation looked in depth as to whether there is a formula for making a successful movie based on an established fantasy book series (spoiler: there isn’t really).
Over the year of my Master’s degree in Publishing, I studied a range of topics such as marketing, design, sales, innovation, copy-editing, typesetting & proofreading. Assignments consisted of both practical and theoretical pieces of work such as creating a business plan for a new app related to the world of books, marketing plans for live projects, typesetting a chapter from Tracy Beaker using copy and illustrations provided with permission by Jacqueline Wilson and Nick Sharratt. The module I enjoyed the most was “Issues and Innovations” which saw me exploring what issues the publishing industry is facing, such as discoverability, and innovations through the rise of AR and VR devices.
Between graduating from my undergraduate and completing my MA degree, after a short stint in Subway as a Sandwich Artist, I began my career in marketing in 2013. Over the course of my career I have provided marketing services in industries such as manufacturing, travel, hospitality (as well publishing via my degree). I have experience in both traditional and digital marketing, with a large focus in particular on email, web content creation and social media. I have liaised with companies such as Warner Bros, Disney & Virgin/Delta in my role at National School Travel (NST).
In brief my previous roles have been:
- Media Marketing Assistant – ADI.tv – April 2018 to February 2019.
- Social Media Executive – Wire Events & Media Ltd – October 2017 to March 2018.
- Photography Teacher – The Fresh Air Fund – June 2017 to August 2017.
- Marketing Executive (Maternity Contract) – NST Group – June 2016 to February 2017.
- Marketing Assistant – Sugarvine – July 2015 to June 2016.
- Accident Advisor – Quindell – January 2015 – July 2015.
- Marketing Assistant – Printed Cup Company – September 2014 to January 2015.
- Copy Writer & Photographer – Trail’s End Camp – June 2010 to August 2010.